You probably do not think about the parts of a refrigerator until it stops running, or unless it is time to replace it. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Greenwood Appliance Repair ASAP is here to explain.
Read on to find out what you should understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to hire appliance repair Greenwood.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own kitchen appliance for many years now. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the right temperature, to stop rotting and slow down bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from inside of the unit to the exterior, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Greenwood Appliance Repair ASAP:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to release the warmth collected within the refrigerator out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is attached in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held inside of it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming the gas into liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the current temperature within the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period when it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Greenwood for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the next cooling period starts. The appliance collects the cool liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor directs the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues its trip to the evaporator component, pushing through the many coils within the appliance and freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the warm air from inside the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature back to the correct set point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and turns back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a lot of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and then moving it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, provides a safe storage space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Greenwood Appliance Repair ASAP.
Greenwood Appliance Repair ASAP can repair all common brands of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our technicians in Greenwood are trained to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart synchronization and countless other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair!
Appliance Repair Cost
Appliance Repair Tips
Appliance Safety Tips
Repair or Replace Appliances
Copyright ©2019  Greenwood Appliance Repair ASAP